Enter your email address:

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Beloved: Photos for couples in pre and post-wedding years


                I wanted to share an article with you that I read in Professional Photographer magazine a few months ago that really touched me. You can read the full article HERE or just keep reading to hear what I have to say about it! :) It is about a photographer who left a high end wedding business to begin shooting just couples. Dating couples, engaged couples, couples who have been married for five, twenty-five, and fifty years! He calls his photography "experiential photography." He invites his clients to relax and break down their barriers and to take an hour or two to celebrate and renew their relationship. I will never forget Mark and I's engagement session and how close I felt to him after that! We aren't really strong on the PDA front so the idea of us parading around downtown Orlando sucking face and and getting snuggly in front of tons of strangers seemed mighty intimidating!! Not to mention having our photographer catch all of it on film(eh.... memory card :) It was a bit awkward at first but within just a few short minutes it was magic and SO much fun! Now that we are on the other end of the camera I always come away from an engagement/couples session feeling so good and loving my husband so much more! Love really is contagious! 


Photography by: Root Photography      www.rootweddings.com         <3 Them! :)  

 Photography sessions are also very therapeutic for most people. For however the amount of time it lasts it's all about YOU! Not many people get that type of focused attention regularly. It also helps that I tell you how great you're doing and how beautiful you look throughout the session!!! :) Now who couldn't use some of that!! As a couple these sessions are all about your relationship and the all the amazing things that make you love one another. The photographer in this article says, "These sessions offer a chance for couples to break down those barriers that build up between them over time. I believe if couples regularly celebrated their relationship, we'll see a dent in the divorce rate." I LOVE that and could not agree more. Mark and I have 3 anniversaries and we celebrate them all. May 4th: He held my hand for the very first time in public and confirmed our boyfriend/girlfriend status. November 10th: Our wedding. And November 4th: Our half year anniversary. :) You may think that's a little much but I don't think that you can ever have too much celebration! 



"Single Mind: 
If I love you with all my heart, she said, what will you give me? & then she stopped & said I didn't have to answer that because she was going to do it anyway." -----Brian Andreas



                  I scheduled a couples session for Mark and I with my Best Friend Megan and her hubby of Shimer Photography as a gift for Mark for Valentine's Day. (He already knows, surprise not ruined :) This past year since our son has been born I dont think we have a single photo of just the two of us. Of course I loooooove my son dearly and think his face is just about the most beautiful thing i've ever seen BUT i'm ready to celebrate Mark and I again and I know our relationship and family will be better for it! I would feel honored to photograph your relationship in whatever stage it happens to be in! In a world where divorce and separation are the norm let me help you be the exception! 

<3
Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment