Enter your email address:

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tico Warbird Airshow 2011

As portrait photographers, many of our blog posts are about cute kids, lovely families, and romantic couples....however...this one is for all those who breathe jet fuel and don't wear earplugs...

Every year I look forward to the local airshow that takes place at Tico airport in Titusville, FL.  I grew up going to the airshow with my Grandfather who was a SNJ-5 (T-6 Texan) technician in the Navy.  This year was a celebration of the 100 year anniversary of naval aviation as well as a celebration of the P-40 "Flying Tigers".

I got a really good spot this year and caught some of the valiant pilots.  Many of them are retired military and for that I honor them!


My brother actually swore into the Navy this past weekend so I took the middle photo for him, im proud of all of my brothers!  Micah and Monty are both enlisted in the Air Force and are both avionic system techs for different aircraft!

As the B-2 Spirit flew by I realized why America is STILL Kicking ass and taking names since 1776!

This is the only privately owned Jet team called "Heavy Metal Jet Team."  I would definitely say that they will be giving the Thunderbirds and Blue Angles a run for their money.  One of the pilots was actually a Thunderbird at one time!  They put on an awesome show!

3 B-25's....amazing!



What can't be said about the F-15 Strike Eagle...truly art in motion!

The heritage flight is always my favorite.  It helps you put into perspective where we've come from and where we are going in air warfare.  From the roaring V12 Rolls Royce engine of the P-51, the chugging along A-10, and the roaring F-15, it gives me goosebumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment